Senior Strategic Designer, Platinion (DigitalBCG)
Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities.
BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change.
BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures.
We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions.
We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models.
We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent.
Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Practice Area Profile
As a Senior Strategic Designer you will work closely with our client’s leadership teams to understand their key challenges, define design Strategies, win buy-in for your recommendations and collaborate with BCG case team members to transform client potential.
As a member of the team, you will be part of a rich community driving inspiration, knowledge and guidance throughout the strategic design lifecycle.
You will help design and facilitate immersion sessions with multi-disciplinary clients using divergent design thinking techniques for the conceptual development of products and services.
You will identify insights from customer research and market analysis and bring your research to life through personas, customer journeys, insight opportunity frameworks, ecosystem maps, stories and scenarios through conceptual design work.
You will work alongside peers from our product management, engineering, architecture and consulting teams to ensure that there is a shared understanding and adoption of human-centric design.
You will communicate ideas using design techniques, including product concepts, service models, customer journeys, industrial designs, system maps, infographics and iteratively design, to test and refine disruptive products and services.
As a Senior Strategic Designer, you will help to establish and introduce best practice design processes to our client’s individual product and service lifecycles.
You will balance customer expectations and needs with our client’s business goals, market viability and technical feasibility.
You will be working alongside product owners to follow Agile principles and methodology whilst supporting in mobilisation and co-facilitation of workshops with client and internal teams.
In these workshops you will carry out carry out co-creative activities to investigate and understand customer behaviours, pain points, needs and aspirations.
You will take insights from consumer research, build end to end customer journeys and create engaging strategic design solutions.
You will help to create the Strategic vision and play a key role in prioritising roadmaps whilst communicating budget & resource needs.
You will be responsible for specific parts of the project, prepare communication artefacts, manage quality and risk while maintaining client expectations and escalations.
You will support the chosen validation strategies and ensure high quality levels are met whilst driving products to meet their full potential.
This will result in the providing our client’s with an actionable roadmap to execute themselves or up to MVP collaboratively with BCG.
You will be a key member of the BCG Platinion team coaching other project members whilst assisting in the management of relationships with internal and external of key stakeholders.
You will work closely with our Leadership team to drive these efforts along with the delivery of project goals in order to bring to the forefront the impact of digital design.
Finally as a Senior Strategic Designer, you will contribute to the Chapter’s development and help to build the BCG brand as a digital leader.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- 6+ years’ of experience in end-to-end Strategic Design including a range of Human Centred Design activities including in areas such as service design, design research (qualitative and quantitative), divergent exploration, conceptual development, or industrial design consumer psychology.
- A background in product prototyping and testing, future visioning and strategy development in a client facing environment
- Strong knowledge of research methods and frameworks, user interface standards, tools and industry guidelines
- The ability to reference best practices and design patterns and can solve complex problems and novel interface challenges
- Strong understanding of user experience design principles and best practices with the experience and judgement to question convention when appropriate
- Visual communication skills, using sketching and other tools to articulate thoughts about complex problems, datasets or experimentation
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience with at least 3 of the following tools or technologies : Figma, Sketch, InVision, Principle, Framer, Adobe XD or similar prototyping tools and AfterEffects
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates strong human centres design capabilities and core craft-skills across a variety of clients and industries showing process, methodologies and success
- Experience working within Agile / SCRUM methodologies
- Experience in translating user research and usability test findings into iterative product solutions
- Demonstrated experience in research techniques and strategic / service design techniques
- Highly passionate about design balanced with pragmatic approach to dealing with clients
- Know-how to driver operational and client service excellence, presenting project results to C-Level
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior team members embedded in multidisciplinary teams (Designers, Engineers, Product Owners, Architects) within a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. An excellent communicator (verbally and written) with confidence and experience in public speaking
- Organisational skills, self-motivation and resourcefulness coupled with a creative mind-set, presence and gravitas
- Outgoing, personable, sociable and easy-going
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to travel to clients’ world-wide
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree with above average academic performance in a design related discipline such as : Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Service Design, Design Planning, Strategy or other relevant experience
Who You'll Work With
- BCG Managing Directors and Partners (MDP’s)
- PLA Managing Directors (MD’s)
- BCG Consultants at all levels
- PLA Consultants at all levels
- Clients, vendors, partners