Data & Analytics Manager – GAMMA
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a part of BCG’s GAMMA A, you will work closely with consulting teams on a diverse range of advanced analytics topics.
You will have the opportunity to leverage or suggest analytical methodologies to deliver value to BCG's Consulting (case) teams and Practice Areas (domain) through providing analytics subject matter expertise, and accelerated execution support.
You will collaborate with case teams to gather requirements, specify, design, develop, deliver and support analytic solutions serving client needs.
You will provide technical support through deeper understanding of relevant data analytics solutions and processes to build high quality and efficient analytic solutions.
You will have team management responsibilities. You will mentor junior members of the team to identify L&D, staffing opportunities which aligns to their & team’s overall objectives.
You will play a key role in their career progression and will be responsible to groom the next line of leadership at GAMMA A.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
Working with case teams
- Holds end to end responsibility for analytics work and high-quality outcomes
- Provides expert perspective on methodology and leads scoping, work-planning and day-to-day Activities.
- Delivers on analytics projects either directly or by involving other Advanced Analytics team analysts, 3rd party (outsourcers) and sometimes CT / ECT or client staff
Working with proposal teams :
- Shares fresh and commercially relevant topic / sector expertise in support of client work & internal development
- Leads selling process to partners & clients and writes large portions of proposal / selling documents
- Provides institutionalized knowledge on relevant Analytics value propositions
Engaging with topic / sector teams :
- Identifies analytics gaps and suggests knowledge initiatives to management
- Influences the shaping & direction of Advanced Analytics knowledge agenda
- Develops, manages & commercializes analytics knowledge initiatives, products and services
- Captures proprietary content as well as insights to the knowledge infrastructure
- Upholds the quality of knowledge captured & standardizes processes
Analytics team management activities :
- Participates in resource deployment (staffing) according to business needs
- Plays an active role in recruitment according to business needs
- Designs on-boarding schedule & documents, provides day-to-day apprenticeship & coaching for junior staff
- Assists in long term professional development of Analysts including Lead & Senior Analysts as advisor
Evaluating performance of Advanced Analytics staff :
- Experience with multiple analytics methods (one or more required)
- Data management skills (e.g., data modelling, data integrity QA / QC)
- Predictive modelling (Linear regression, hierarchical models, logistic regression, etc.)
- Customer segmentation and targeting, promotion effectiveness and churn prevention
- Optimization & Simulation
- Time-series / Panel data modelling and visualization
- Geospatial data visualization and analytics (Specialities such as cluster detection or geo-statistical methods)
At least one tool in each category
- Programming language - Python (Must have), (R Or SAS)
- Data Visualization (Tableau, QlikView) ,
- Data management (using Alteryx, MS Access, or any RDBMS)
- Programming and / or scripting experience, e.g., VBA, SQL
Communicating with confidence and ease :
You will be a clear and confident communicator, able to deliver messages in a concise manner with strong and effective written and verbal communication.
Excellent presentation Skills.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
10+ years relevant work experience providing advanced analytics solutions in the analytics sector or 5+ years in consulting and 5+ years in analytics sector.
Undergraduate degree in a field linked to business analytics, statistics, economics, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, operations research, or related field is required.
Advanced degree is preferred in analytics with experience across various domains. Deep understanding around two-three sectors (Eg.
Telco Media Technology, Public Sector, Manufacturing, Healthcare, e-commerce etc) is an added advantage backed by solid project experience.
YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will report to the Analytics Business Director GAMMA or Senior Manager-GAMMA and will work with the case team.
Gamma A team works with consulting teams to wrangle big data, build and deploy scalable solutions, that unlock maximum impact for BCG clients, by leveraging best-in-class analytical toolkit and algorithms.
This team works with consulting teams across the globe to deliver high quality analytics outcomes which involves building predictive, prescriptive and descriptive solutions.
GAMMA A is embedded as part of consulting teams in following situations
Involvement of high data volume and complexity
Large analytics scope
Requires specialized tools for analysis (Eg. Python, R, SAS, AIIMS, Tableau etc)
Requires deep understanding on techniques (Eg. Regression, Decision Trees, Clustering, Market Basket Association, Forecasting, Linear optimization etc)
GAMMA A team works in three different ways depending on client context and analytics complexity a. Onsite b. Intermittent On-site with ad-hoc offsite support c. Offsite support
WHO WE ARE
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society.
As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next.
We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
BCG GAMMA combines innovative skills in computer science, artificial intelligence, statistics, and machine learning with deep industry expertise.
The BCG GAMMA team is comprised of world-class data engineers, data scientists and business consultants who specialize in the use of advanced analytics to get breakthrough business results.
Our teams own the full analytics value-chain end to end : framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative algorithms, creating scale through designing tools and apps, and training colleagues and clients in new solutions.
Here at BCG GAMMA, you’ll have the chance to work with clients in every BCG region and every industry area. We are also a core member of a rapidly growing analytics enterprise at BCG a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by applying leading edge analytics approaches, data, and technology.